The Beauty of eSports in SportPesa
The plethora of online sportsbooks offers eSports events today. This article will be beneficial if you are a follower of cybersport competitions. Why is that? For instance, the gaming industry quickly evolves, stimulating regular bettors towards eSports competitions. Therefore, to add excitement to your sports-watching experience, you can browse the latest sportsbook and place a wager on your favored team. Today’s sportsbooks present countless opportunities, including a large assortment of disciplines and a vast selection of betting options.
Why Are eSports So Popular?
According to audience statistics, there will be over half a billion active viewers worldwide in 2023. The future of eSports is even brighter, with over 700 million viewers expected in 3-4 years. As you can see, the industry is here to stay. And if you want to get in on the action, continue the SportPesa log in and place bets on your favorite eSports teams. Let’s take a look at the reasons why eSports is so popular with so many people.
- First of all, everybody loves the thrill of competitions. The gaming industry consists of numerous games that provide competition feelings. The most popular games in the world are based on competitions. So this is the first reason for the vast popularity of eSports.
- Second, you only need a computer, monitor, mouse, and keyboard to become a successful player. It’s easy to get into the sport because it’s accessible. So, having a basic computer is enough to prove yourself to be a great player and get into a team of professional cyber sportsmen.
- Third, the tournaments are well-paid. Immense popularity brings many viewers, and as a result, many companies sponsor the tournaments, giving multi-million prizes. Such competitions have become an excellent source of income for some players.
- Fourth, many tournaments are held online. This means that you don’t have to go there to compete physically. However, some big championships like “The International” or “BLAST” require you to go to the stadium to play.
Available eSports Disciplines at SportPesa
Such popularity in cyberport disciplines makes the betting site follow the trends and provide a fair variety of options. Therefore, punters can access thousands of monthly events from different games and leagues. Bettors can choose from shooters to RPGs and simulators. So, let’s dive deeper and examine the list of available eSports titles at SportPesa.
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
- Rainbow Six + 10 others.
Some games like Dota 2, CS:GO, and Fifa have many more events to offer. Players will find their favorite teams, leagues, and championships. But it’s also interesting to know if there are enough betting options to place the bet. Let’s find out!
eSports Betting Markets at SportPesa
To place the bet successfully, it’s crucial to know the available betting options, including the type of the bets and its markets. Betting markets determine the outcome that will bring you the win or lose. It depends on what outcome of the market you prefer to pick. For example, you can bet on the first or second team. You can bet on the score of the match and other events:
- 1×2. This is when you choose your team or prefer to bet on the outcome of the tie.
- Double Chance. Here, you choose two outcomes instead of one. For example, the first team wins, and the game is tied. You only lose if the second team wins.
- Over/Under. This is a market based on the score. Basically, you’re not betting on the final result. Instead, you are betting on what the final score will be.
- The correct score. This is one of the most difficult markets to predict, as it requires you to guess the correct score of the game. For example, 16/14 in CS:GO, or 3/2 on the total score of the three maps. The odds for winning are greatly increased.
- A number of maps. This market only applies to eSports because you need to predict the number of maps on the total games here. You need to use the over/under equation to determine the outcome.
- Win at least one map. It is a popular shooter market where you must pick the team to win at least one map. You lose the entire bet if the selected team loses on all maps.
- Overtime. When the game is close, there’s a chance that the score will be tied at the end, and overtime will be announced. Here, you have to choose between “Yes” and “No” on the question: “Will overtime happen?
eSports Betting Types at SportPesa
If you prefer to bet on the traditional pre-game formats, skip this section. Here, we’ll talk about the modern bet types that can increase the odds, offer higher payouts, and add more excitement to the betting experience. The bet type determines the game mechanics and how you would place your bet. Let’s find out!
- Live Betting. We live in an age where live betting is not surprising. This allows us to place bets on events as they are happening. Generally, you can choose between live betting and pre-game betting. The main feature of live betting is that the odds change rapidly. You have to pay attention to the odds every second. They change with every new point or kill or with the time left until the end of the round.
- Pre-match betting. Live betting is not for everyone. Some players prefer the more relaxed betting, where the match has not yet started, and you can make an analysis, check the previous games, and explore the teams and their conditions. This method is more rational and will make you more profit in the long run.
- Single bets. Single bets consist of only one event. In other words, you bet on only one game at a time. The advantages are easier to predict, simple odds.
- Accumulator. If the betting gets boring, you can try to increase the risk and add several selections to the bet. This means that two or more events must win for you to win. This creates a chain of bets, and if one of them loses, you lose the whole accumulator. However, it does provide better odds with higher payouts.
Biggest eSport Teams
It’s important to know that some eSports teams participate in different games and tournaments to determine the most prominent and wealthiest teams in the cybersports arena. They compete in Dota 2, CS:GO, League of Legends, Call of Duty, and others under the same name. That’s why some of them are part of a big company worth millions, while others are known among fans of one game. So, check out the most popular teams and their games.
- Team Liquid. One of the largest eSports teams, having played in over 1500 tournaments since 2000. Their total winnings over the past 23 years have been $33.8 million, making them the richest cybersports team in history. The company has more than 10 teams in various games ranging from CS:GO and Dota 2 to Tekken, World of Warcraft, and Valorant.
- OG. This is a leading professional eSports team, which has become very famous after winning “The International” in 2018 and 2019. The team is based in Europe and has Dota 2 and CS:GO teams. Since the team is new, they have played extremely few games compared to Team Liquid. They have participated in 70 tournaments since 2015 but have earned over $33 million.
- Evil Geniuses. This is the third richest company in the cybersports industry, with teams in Dota 2, CS:GO, Valorant, and other games. Evil Geniuses has participated in 180 championships since 1999, winning over $24 million. They’re considered the leading team competing on a global scale.
- Fnatic. This is the world-renowned organization in the eSports industry, with teams in Dota 2, CS:GO, Fifa, Fortnite, and other games. It was founded in the UK in 2004 and has grown with over 900 tournaments played. Check out their performance in the upcoming ESL Pro League.
All of these eSports competitions and teams are featured in the SportPesa sportsbook. As a result, all the matches, championships, and tournaments in the top cybersport leagues are available today. All you need to do is create a SportPesa account, log in, and access the eSports section. Select the games on the left and browse through the live or upcoming matches. Select the market from above and place your first bet.